High performance teams make vast contributions and advance the mission of the company. High performance teams are made up of a variety of individuals with specified roles and complementary areas of expertise and abilities. High performance teams time and time again display soaring levels of collaboration and invention while creating extraordinary results.
High performance teams are generally considered as closely connected individuals whose attention is centered on specific objectives and have supportive means that empowers all to overcome obstacles in accomplishing organizational goals. Inherent characteristics of high performance teams include:
- Decision input and involvement is invited from everyone
- Effective communication channels are unobstructed and concise
- Diversity in experience and expertise is embraced
- Reciprocal trust in each other and the team
- Transparent and speedy conflict resolution
- Concise goals that are meaningful and foster commitment and engagement
- Set roles and responsibilities
- Open and transparent culture
High performance teams are made up of extremely talented individuals who are capable of interchanging their duties. Additionally, leadership is generally shared by multiple team members based on the current situation or need.