A high performance team is made up of individuals with defined functions and complementary abilities, who share common goals, and who again and again show high levels of collaborative innovation. High performance teams have extremely talented individuals who are capable of interchanging their duties. Additionally, leadership is generally shared by multiple team members based on the current situation or need.
- Decision input and involvement is invited from everyone
- Effective communication channels are unobstructed and concise
- Diversity in experience and expertise is embraced
- Reciprocal trust in each other and the team
- Transparent and speedy conflict resolution
- Concise goals that are meaningful and foster commitment and engagement
- Set roles and responsibilities
- Open and transparent culture
High performance teams work together to achieve common goals. High performance team have leaders who define team goals and priorities, facilitate collaboration among team members, manage team performance and create opportunities for success. Successful teams maintain active participation and work to construct a supportive team environment.