Customer journey maps are tools companies use to uncover what customers really want. They tell the story of the customer’s experience from initial contact, the customer engagement process and on going relationship. The goal is to teach organizations more about their customers.
Customer journey maps may focus on a particular piece of the story or provide a summary of the entire experience. Customer journey maps always identify key interactions customers have with the company. Customer journey maps include the customer’s feelings and questions and generally offers insight into the motivation of the customer.
- Helps organizations understand the context of customers.
- Gain a clear vision of where the customer has come from and what their goals are.
- Helps companies understand what questions customers have and how they feeling.
- Provides management an overview of the customer’s experience.
- Helps organizations identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
Customer journey maps provides a visual representation and synthesis of the data gathered. Successful customer journey maps will help you analyze and optimize your customer touch points and path for success.